Thursday, April 30, 2009

Not as unique as we thought

I was working in the store the other evening and you won't believe the conversation I had with a customer. In order for our computer system to allow us to make a sale, we have to have the customer's name in our database. So, I was checking in a group of ladies who were there for a card class and I had to ask each one of them their names. I got the first couple of ladies entered and the third lady said her name was Donita. The next ladies' name was Bonita and I commented that their names were so similar. Bonita said, "Yes, we're twins." I looked up and noticed that they did look alike. By the way, these were all Red Hat Society ladies - they are a group of women over the age of fifty and they join local clubs across the country and do social stuff. Anyway, I made the statement that my sisters and I had rhyming names also. Bonita said, "Really? We grew up with friends who had rhyming names. It must have been the thing to do. Our friends names were Marlene, Darlene, and Sharlene" My mouth dropped and I said, "No way! That's our names!" She asked me if our last name was Kaiser and, of course, it wasn't. So, somewhere in the midwest are three sisters that share our same names. I couldn't believe it! We aren't as unique as we thought. What a coincidence. BTW - I didn't have the courage to ask what their first names were:)

2 comments:

FarcinsFollies said...

I wonder if their first names rhymed too. People still look at me in amazement when I tell them our names are Linda Marlene, Brenda Darlene and Cinda Sharlene. I still laugh when I think of Kelli and Kerri's Taiwan baby doctor who said "Kewwi and Kewwi, why you name them same!!.

thumms said...

nobody hold a candle to the double rhyme--nobody!! you guys are one of a kind! xoxo kerri