Monday, December 15, 2008

She's Engaged!


It's official. Lauren and Dan are engaged. We are very excited for them. I knew from the start that they were going to get serious and I tried to prepare Greg along the way. Dan approached Greg last week about his intentions. He answered the hard questions and said all the right things. Greg gave our blessing and Saturday evening Dan proposed much to Lauren's surprise. One of her first questions was, "Did you ask my Dad?!" Dan and Lauren are both sincere about their walk with God, their commitments, and their future. Dan fits into our family as does Lauren with his. We know his family well and he comes from a great Christian heritage. What more could parents ask for their only daughter. Details will be forthcoming - we'll keep in touch.

5 comments:

thumms said...

How exciting!! Congrats Lauren! I love being married--it will be 5 years for me and Brian in April. I can't wait to make the treck to your wedding!!(HAHAHA) Maybe this time I'll remember my fancy clothes! love you! kerri

FarcinsFollies said...

We're so happy for you, Lauren. This is such a special time. I can't believe all you kids are growing up and getting married. (I must be getting old). Hope to see you soon. Love you, Aunt Marlene

Jennifer said...

CONGRATS Lauren!!!! Scott and I are so happy for you! We'll be looking forward to hearing details! Have fun in the preparations!

Erin said...

Congratulations! That's so exciting!! There will never be a dull moment at your house, will there?! =)

Beverly said...

Congratulations Lauren and Dan. I thought I had responded but when I checked I didn't see my response so I thought I would send my wishes again. I hope to be able to meet Dan soon. We appreciated so much the pictures that we received in our Christmas card. Hope to see you all soon!
Love - Beverly